- 1 package (10 oz. or a little less) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry- I usually
- microwave for 4-5 minutes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 8 large eggs, I use x-large
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of freeze dried chives
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese-I use Cabot's seriously sharp
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl combine seasoning and cheese products and mix well.
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add to mixture.
- Pour in non-stick sprayed 8"X11" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes or until eggs are set.
- It will brown around the edges and on bottom and a bit on the top.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
It is easy to cut the recipe in half or double, etc. as amounts do not have to be "exact". This recipe makes a nice neutral dish which goes with all breakfast meats and fruit dishes.